New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
They have been looking. Dunkin donuts is going in la plata in the same strip as verizon and jerrys subs. where are they rumored to go?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I was told today the Subway near Wawa on Rt. 4 & 235 has already closed. Seems things are moving right along over there. Anyone know if the liquor store will be relocating? I don't shop there 'cause she's a b**ch.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was told today the Subway near Wawa on Rt. 4 & 235 has already closed. Seems things are moving right along over there. Anyone know if the liquor store will be relocating? I don't shop there 'cause she's a b**ch.

I like Shin. Although, I haven't been in there for ages. :lol:

My understanding is that they will be closing for awhile and move into their new digs when built in the new center.

ltown81

That woman is so mean...like one of the unfriendliest people in the county.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, that liquor store is being relocated right next to Harris Teeter. Stopped in last week to grab three 1/2 price six packs as they were finishing moving stuff out.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Thank god. How could we survive without a liquor store within 10 minutes of every citizen of St. Mary's county.
We have our priorities straight, liquor, nail saloon, cell phone store.
Screw the groceries and clothing.

sockgirl77

Thank god. How could we survive without a liquor store within 10 minutes of every citizen of St. Mary's county.
We have our priorities straight, liquor, nail saloon, cell phone store.
Screw the groceries and clothing.

A nail saloon sounds fantastic! I'd love to sit at a bar drinking highballs while getting manis and pedis. :clap:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
That woman is so mean...like one of the unfriendliest people in the county.

A co-worker of mine went in there to buy tequila, I believe. She was texting a friend of hers and wanted to send a pic of the two she was choosing between. My friend said that woman flew from behind the counter and chased her out. We still have no idea what the big deal is. Honestly I'm not sure how she stays in business. The parking lot is always empty.

nutz

No plan for the property next to the farmers market yet. Most likely industrial due to the zoning. Only a small portion of it is retail zoned.

Yea, that's what the tri-county area needs...more retail. More 7-11's, burger king, dunkin donuts, lowe's, home dumpo and gas stations/quickie marts

DEEKAYPEE8569

With the median and intersection, that location is a PITA to get to anyway, and a bad place to have a business IMO; that's probably why they closed; if they really did close.

DEEKAYPEE8569

The whole center is now closed and will be demolished.

Is a real shopping center going in at the 4/235 intersection; or will that land be turned into condo's or another motel?
An actual shopping center; that Wildewood C.S. was supposed to be; would be good.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Is a real shopping center going in at the 4/235 intersection; or will that land be turned into condo's or another motel?
An actual shopping center; that Wildewood C.S. was supposed to be; would be good.

It's supposed to be a shopping center. I'm sure you can find the plat somewhere in this thread. It has been discussed before.