New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

mitzi

They are a regional, Southern Maryland regional, chain - looks like primarily PG county.

Not a chain. The family had one store in the Marlow Heights Shopping Center that had been there since the 60s until recently. A fire destroyed it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not a chain. The family had one store in the Marlow Heights Shopping Center that had been there since the 60s until recently. A fire destroyed it.

Saw the story about the fire, according to my search there were several locations, Fort Washington, Marlow Heights, Temple Hills, Branch Ave.
Also listed as Steak in a Shack Shoppes Inc. Also says they closed, but some are now open.

mitzi

Saw the story about the fire, according to my search there were several locations, Fort Washington, Marlow Heights, Temple Hills, Branch Ave.
Also listed as Steak in a Shack Shoppes Inc. Also says they closed, but some are now open.

Marlow Heights/Temple Hills/Branch Ave. is the same one location. Not sure about one in Fort Washington. I heard it wasn't the same people. Maybe someone else from the area would know.

SamSpade

Wow. Steak in a Sack burned down? I used to go there years ago. Not many years back, I took my dad there. What a shame.

OldHillcrestGuy

Marlow Heights/Temple Hills/Branch Ave. is the same one location. Not sure about one in Fort Washington. I heard it wasn't the same people. Maybe someone else from the area would know.

I think the one in Ft. Washington was operated by a family member who went out on his own. Is it still in business?

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Pearle vision going next to cracker barrel in st marys. They will have some extra space for future tenants.

Sonic is clearing the land in la plata now at rt 6 and 301

Dunkin donuts and urban BBQ coming to La plata as well

getting ready to deliver space to tenants at the crain highway retail center. (former american hardware) Zips dry cleaner, firehouse subs, 9 round fitness, smoothie king, nail salon so far.

Skyzone trampoline park coming to white plains by fall.

Been busy!

Roman

Anybody have any idea what will go in to the old K-Mart in California, Maryland? I heard there might be a Harbor Freight going in there, but so far, I've seen nothing.

molly_21

Jake & Al's Chop Shop / Patuxent Pub & Grill, Now has a Yo Momma's Chicken Wings & Barbeque sign up.

I've eaten at the Prince Frederick location. I am not sure if they are doing what EZ Thai did and opened a 2nd location or moving to a bigger space. Either way, Yo Momma's (at least for me) is good. I think they will do better than Patuxent Pub and Grill (or Jake and Al's. I guess I must have been one of the few people who did not care for the place).

OldHillcrestGuy

Pearle vision going next to cracker barrel in st marys. They will have some extra space for future tenants.

Sonic is clearing the land in la plata now at rt 6 and 301

Dunkin donuts and urban BBQ coming to La plata as well

getting ready to deliver space to tenants at the crain highway retail center. (former american hardware) Zips dry cleaner, firehouse subs, 9 round fitness, smoothie king, nail salon so far.

Skyzone trampoline park coming to white plains by fall.

Been busy!

Thank You Sir for the updates. I see your signs just about everywhere, I can only imagine how busy you are. Bring me something good to Charlotte Hall. Steak in a Sack should be opened by the middle of the month. If you grew up in Hillcrest or Marlow Heights it was a regular spot for many a person for over 50 years.

I also understand that the new McKays is very much in the works again with different people involved. I'm tired of looking at that dirt and weeds. lol

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Rumor has it that Bottom of the Hill is opening tomorrow. Looks like they did a soft opening today, and the lot was packed.