New Businesses Coming to Southern Maryland

fatratcat

Thank You Sir for the updates. I see your signs just about everywhere, I can only imagine how busy you are. Bring me something good to Charlotte Hall. Steak in a Sack should be opened by the middle of the month. If you grew up in Hillcrest or Marlow Heights it was a regular spot for many a person for over 50 years.

I also understand that the new McKays is very much in the works again with different people involved. I'm tired of looking at that dirt and weeds. lol

Yes sir! CH could use a lift! I'm glad to see the Steak in a Sack. I understand they have limited seating and that's a shame. The area is starved for good places to sit down and eat.

OldHillcrestGuy

What/where is this?

You must have your eyes closed and napping when that commuter bus turns the corner onto Golden Beach Rd. The sign above the building has been up about 3 weeks now. lol

I know your excuse once you get off the bus you head down Golden Beach Rd. to All Faith to get home so your not passing back by the place.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You must have your eyes closed and napping when that commuter bus turns the corner onto Golden Beach Rd. The sign above the building has been up about 3 weeks now. lol

I know your excuse once you get off the bus you head down Golden Beach Rd. to All Faith to get home so your not passing back by the place.

:confused:

I no longer take the bus. 4:30 AM is too early to be looking at signs that I don't care about as I drive in. In the afternoon I am focused on getting home so I can get on to my next appointment. So thus, I have not noticed the sign until earlier this week.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
In Leonardtown in the old Perkins/Arizona Pizza/Pho Saigon place. It is the latest restaurant for the guy that owned House of Ribs, River's Edge (Benedict) and the Leonardtown Grill.
Ate there tonight with the family and Mike has not lost his touch with ribs. Ample portions, LW had the crabcake (HUGE) no filler and only one tiny shell. 1/2 rack and bbq shrimp was just too much for me and I have lunch for tomorrow. The liquor board gave them the run around so they only had beer tonight since they were approved just yesterday. Liquor and wine should be on site by Friday at the latest. They are breaking new staff and new registers etc so if you head in within the next couple of weeks bear with them. They will get it right.

Ate there tonight with the family and Mike has not lost his touch with ribs. Ample portions, LW had the crabcake (HUGE) no filler and only one tiny shell. 1/2 rack and bbq shrimp was just too much for me and I have lunch for tomorrow. The liquor board gave them the run around so they only had beer tonight since they were approved just yesterday. Liquor and wine should be on site by Friday at the latest. They are breaking new staff and new registers etc so if you head in within the next couple of weeks bear with them. They will get it right.
Good to hear, Kom. Thanx for the report.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Thank You Sir for the updates. I see your signs just about everywhere, I can only imagine how busy you are. Bring me something good to Charlotte Hall. Steak in a Sack should be opened by the middle of the month. If you grew up in Hillcrest or Marlow Heights it was a regular spot for many a person for over 50 years.

I also understand that the new McKays is very much in the works again with different people involved. I'm tired of looking at that dirt and weeds. lol

Yes it has been very busy, still dont know what McKay is doing.

I think an Autozone has been signed up for the new shopping center where Harris Teeter is going in St. Marys. There is a Med Express going in next to cracker barrel as well. Trying to get more working in charlotte hall area.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
What ever happened to the Krispy Kreme that was supposed to go into the old PNC bank on 235?

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Its a mystery. It was announced in the paper down there and then nothing happened. Im hearing rumors they have a spot picked in waldorf but no one is talking.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Weis Markets are buying a bunch of the food lions in the area. They include prince Frederick, California, la plata, lusby and Lexington park. Changes will be made by October 2016.

BlueSunday

Yes it has been very busy, still dont know what McKay is doing.

I think an Autozone has been signed up for the new shopping center where Harris Teeter is going in St. Marys. There is a Med Express going in next to cracker barrel as well. Trying to get more working in charlotte hall area.

You might want to check about Harris Teeter.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You might want to check about Harris Teeter.

Did they pull out?

Pearle Vision doesn't know what's happening now, they said it was "up to the lawyers".
We had heard they were moving into new digs next to Cracker Barrel, but either the people where they are want them out sooner or the place them were to move is later.

BlueSunday

Did they pull out?

Pearle Vision doesn't know what's happening now, they said it was "up to the lawyers".
We had heard they were moving into new digs next to Cracker Barrel, but either the people where they are want them out sooner or the place them were to move is later.

The thought was they were holding on it till they saw the results of the Giant/Food Lion merger.

Disney4845

Commercial Guy
Beat me to the announcement. I always have to wait for the property manager to give me the ok to release it. They are looking in Waldorf too but no spot picked.
Have heard no issues with harris teeter. spoke to the agent just the other day.