Ovie

B

Beaver-Cleaver

OHG you picked a good game to go to. :yay:

Sudden Death Overtime, the deadlocked score is 3.

B

Beaver-Cleaver

shootout :ohwell:

It's time like this I wish we didn't have Theodore goaltending.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Does our overtime performance make anyone else nervous? This isn't the first game that it's seemed like once we hit OT, we totally get outplayed for 5 minutes. I don't like it, though they also seemed to get really lax at a FEW parts of that last game. :boo: Glad it was pulled together in the end, though :yahoo:

PS: I'm all for getting a fan base, if they're KNOWLEDGEABLE. It is already irritating me when the fans boo at stupid non-calls that weren't even penalties anyway :lol: Not the first time I've seen that, either :boo:

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes I did pick a good game to go to. Ovie's goal last night is proably up there in maybe his top 3 he has ever scored, to first deke that guy out on the boards and spin and twirl around him then get pulled down and shoot from the seat of his pants was unbeliveable. Im still not a big Theodore fan and when it went into the shootout I thought we were in trouble.
Third period Caps played badly only had one shot on goal for the first 12 minutes or so and were outshot by alot. Sitting there watching it in person you can see alot of what you dont see on TV, the third and fourth line really arent doing too much and even the second line hasnt been scoring although Eric Fehr had a couple of good scoring chances, Ive always liked him and he is doing quite well now that Clark is out.
I felt myself sitting there and saying come get that first line back out as they seemed they were the only ones that was putting pressure on the goalie.
Its fun watching Ovie when your at the games things you may not see on the TV, he sits up on the blue line by the boards alot just waiting for that long up rink pass and away he goes toward the goal.
He took a very hard shot last night when he scarficed his body to block a shot from the point by one of the defensemen of the Habs, he was really stung for awhile and in alot of pain on the bench, I hope it was just a stinger and not something that my come back to haunt him and the Caps today or tomorrow when they practice again.
Think pretty boy Crosby would go down and give up his body to block a shot, I think not.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Does our overtime performance make anyone else nervous? This isn't the first game that it's seemed like once we hit OT, we totally get outplayed for 5 minutes. I don't like it, though they also seemed to get really lax at a FEW parts of that last game. :boo: Glad it was pulled together in the end, though :yahoo:

PS: I'm all for getting a fan base, if they're KNOWLEDGEABLE. It is already irritating me when the fans boo at stupid non-calls that weren't even penalties anyway :lol: Not the first time I've seen that, either :boo:

:killingme

Peter Forsberg

HAHA That's Washington fans in any sport!!! I find it hilarious listening to the fans that know nothing about the game they are watching. Hey that's icing.... Hmm what is icing. HAHA

OldHillcrestGuy

Ted Leonsis doesnt care as long as they continue to sell out games. I was amazed by the crowd that showed up for yesterdays week day game

Not too surprising the way they have played this year, think they will end up with more sellouts then any other season. A couple a weeks back I saw somewhere they mentioned at the time that there were only 7,000 total tickets left for the all the remaining regular season games. So it appears they will be having many more sellouts before the season is over. Dont know about Fridays game but Im sure the next 2 after that are soldout Flyers and Penquins.