Roadside Memorials

nomoney

Nicole_in_somd said:
So......it happened. It is over why keep dragging it on?
Stupid to you but maybe not her. Right? We all have those moments in our life at one time or another.

I'm not dragging it on, as my comments were directed to her, not you- you seem to be the one keeping it going.

But I cannot stand here and defend her, that is not my place. You have a good point but as far as I am concerend I am going to let it go....

yet you seem to be doing a pretty good job of defending her. Maybe you'll be the only person she won't threaten to meet up with in the flat tops with her group of "peeps".

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Nicole_in_somd said:
I understand what you are saying but what about all the other things that people brought up in here. Do you think they have any bearings as to why they do what they do?
What issues are you refering to? This is a 2 year old thread somebody dredged up, don't really feel like reading it all over again.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
nomoney said:
I'm not dragging it on, as my comments were directed to her, not you- you seem to be the one keeping it going.

yet you seem to be doing a pretty good job of defending her. Maybe you'll be the only person she won't threaten to meet up with in the flat tops with her group of "peeps".

Nomoney,

Please re-read my post. You seem to continue to misunderstand my words.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
aps45819 said:
What issues are you refering to? This is a 2 year old thread somebody dredged up, don't really feel like reading it all over again.

There are just too many to go into. I had thought you had read them already.

Most are because of personal reasons.

nomoney

Nicole_in_somd said:
Nomoney,

Please re-read my post. You seem to continue to misunderstand my words.

You seem to continue the double talk. I don't need to re-read your posts. How about you allow me to voice my opinion about fat chick race baiting people in certain discussions without you playing mother teresa, and I won't tell you to go suck a fat one . :huggy:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
nomoney said:
You seem to continue the double talk. I don't need to re-read your posts. How about you allow me to voice my opinion about fat chick race baiting people in certain discussions without you playing mother teresa, and I won't tell you to go suck a fat one . :huggy:

There is no double talk, so you want it dropped so badly the STFU and move on.

I am in no way stopping you from stating your opinion. I am not baiting you into anything, if do not want to have this dicussion then don't. If you want to tell me to go suck a fat one that is on you, doesn't mean #### to me and does not make any sense but go ahead if you feel the need to.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Nucklesack said:
Who cares? :shrug:

Its not as if there is some Secret Conspiracy, we all know what the Roadside memorials mean. and to alot of people its a Tacky, Trashy EYESORE

WTF are you talking about? Secret Conspiracy?????? A lot of people think it is tacky and a lot of them do not that is the point of this thread...if it is such an eyesore then look away....

nomoney

Nicole_in_somd said:
There is no double talk, so you want it dropped so badly the STFU and move on.

I am in no way stopping you from stating your opinion. I am not baiting you into anything, if do not want to have this dicussion then don't. If you want to tell me to go suck a fat one that is on you, doesn't mean #### to me and does not make any sense but go ahead if you feel the need to.

:confused: I never said I wanted it dropped? As you said, I think you missunderstood yourself, and need to go back and re-read your posts :huggy:

I didn't say YOU were baiting anyone :confused: I think at this point you should go back and re-read my posts as you miss understood.

I didn't say I didn't want to have this discussion...just not with you :huggy: But we can continue on if you really feel the need to.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
nomoney said:
:confused: I never said I wanted it dropped? As you said, I think you missunderstood yourself, and need to go back and re-read your posts :huggy:

I didn't say YOU were baiting anyone :confused: I think at this point you should go back and re-read my posts as you miss understood.

I didn't say I didn't want to have this discussion...just not with you :huggy: But we can continue on if you really feel the need to.

I answered right. I said I was not baiting you, even though you were insinuating that she was. By that I wanted to make clear that I was not. You did misunderstand my post and to avoid repeating myself I asked you to re-read them.

I am not playing Mother Theresa but why keep dragging this on?

I have no problemd with you.... :huggy:
It is just she made a mistake why not just let it go? What is this going to accomplish other than passing a boring day at work?

nomoney

Nicole_in_somd said:
I answered right. I said I was not baiting you, even though you were insinuating that she was. By that I wanted to make clear that I was not. You did misunderstand my post and to avoid repeating myself I asked you to re-read them.

I am not playing Mother Theresa but why keep dragging this on?

I have no problemd with you.... :huggy:
It is just she made a mistake why not just let it go? What is this going to accomplish other than passing a boring day at work?

I don't care who the heck you're baiting or not baiting. :shrug:My comments have nothing at all to do with you, yet you felt the need to jump in. I'm not dragging anything on...I am just responding to your drival.

I could care less if you do or dont have a problem with me. I'm not here to impress anyone.

I'm not holding on to anything to "let it go". I simply stated my opinion and you felt the need to butt in. And I'll continue to voice my opinion no matter how much it bugs you.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Nicole_in_somd said:
A lot of people think it is tacky and a lot of them do not that is the point of this thread...if it is such an eyesore then look away....
Yes a dirty white cross with faded and tattered artificial flowers is tacky. I hope that if I ever screw up and get myself killed, my friends won't feel compelled to commemorate my stupidity with a roadside memorial. I drive by the Chaney Concrete place on 235 every day, and see the flowers and cross where the lady blew thru the light and hit the concrete mixer. While I'm sure she was a wonderful person and mother, I fail to see how marking the spot where she screwed up can comforting.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I think it is incredibly disgraceful the way that people erect these roadside memorials, as if a heaping pile of trash can somehow memorialize a person's life. If the only way that you can pay tribute to a loved one's life is by erecting a pile of unattractive trash and mementos, then something is really wrong with you. Instead, you should be cherishing the memories of the person, and the events and experiences that you shared - not paying homage to a heap of trash. But that's just me.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
nomoney said:
I don't care who the heck you're baiting or not baiting. :shrug:My comments have nothing at all to do with you, yet you felt the need to jump in. I'm not dragging anything on...I am just responding to your drival.

I could care less if you do or dont have a problem with me. I'm not here to impress anyone.

I'm not holding on to anything to "let it go". I simply stated my opinion and you felt the need to butt in. And I'll continue to voice my opinion no matter how much it bugs you.

And so will I

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
aps45819 said:
Yes a dirty white cross with faded and tattered artificial flowers is tacky. I hope that if I ever screw up and get myself killed, my friends won't feel compelled to commemorate my stupidity with a roadside memorial. I drive by the Chaney Concrete place on 235 every day, and see the flowers and cross where the lady blew thru the light and hit the concrete mixer. While I'm sure she was a wonderful person and mother, I fail to see how marking the spot where she screwed up can comforting.

You are right, we did say that very same thing on a few of the newer posts. That if someone erects a marker than they should at least maintain the marker.

I agree that that is tacky to have faded teddy bears and clutter out there but I guess I still do not see what the problem is with someone erecting something to help with their grieving process.

I am not out to change your mind, you have a right to your opinion and I am not trying to take that away. I am just adding my opinion and opening it up for discussion.

Last edited: