Should I ‘settle’ now or hold out for Mr. Right?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I disagree, it is wired into DNA. I have known people who didn't do much for me at first but grew to adore them as pals. Doesn't mean I wanted to hook up and live happily ever after but I was quite fond of them.

I don't want to marry you either. :smoochy:

Pete

Repete
Are you only talking about looks? Because I find a good personality a lot more attractive than some one who is dumb as rocks and has no sense of humor what so ever.:coffee:

I guess I am lucky I have a great sense of humor and a sterling personality eh? :lmao:

What I am saying is if you don't like mint, you just don't like it. Someone telling you how much THEY think you should like mint is not going to make you like it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not at all...

There is more to that point... what if your hubby fell off a ladder & suddenly you find he is an overweight, non-working couch potato... do you expect you will suddenly love him any less?

...I can see here now at the funeral lamenting how the love of her life was snatched from her, the cruel fate after such a horrible accident at work that then all of those pillows would somehow get lodged in his throat at the same time... :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Care to think about that statement for a bit? .

No, because there are guys who are just heinous wretches, that aren't even worth consideration and your girlfriends should slap you silly for even talking to them, let alone dating them. And then there are perfectly good guys who aren't model gorgeous, aren't Bill Gates rich, sometimes get drunk and act silly, occasionally are thoughtless, but they're all around good men who deserve a shot.

We're talking about extremes here. I don't think you were unreasonable to wait for Day - he's a good guy. But I have a girlfriend who would rip him to shreds because he's not handsome enough, or rich enough, or whatever. She's married to a really handsome, rich guy who cheats on her now. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
What I am saying is if you don't like mint, you just don't like it. Someone telling you how much THEY think you should like mint is not going to make you like it.
Aaah, wait...hubby swears to me all the time that he doesn't like this or that. He swore he didn't like anything from Starbucks...well, guess what....:whistle:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
We're talking about extremes here. I don't think you were unreasonable to wait for Day - he's a good guy. But I have a girlfriend who would rip him to shreds because he's not handsome enough, or rich enough, or whatever. She's married to a really handsome, rich guy who cheats on her now. :lol:
A good thought here "Don't look for qualities in a mate that you, yourself do not have."

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There's another...

I'm attracted to Patrick Warburton and Dan Warner (the propane guy). They're :hot:.

...question I wanna ask; do you find them ATTRACTIVE or are you ATTRACTED to them?

Attractive; I think Katherine Zeta Jones is attractive; good looking to my eye.

I don't know if I'd be attracted (find her interesting, want to be with her, etc) to her as I've never met or chatted with her. As she is married to Michael Douglas, whom I think of as a Hollywood psycho, I may well not be attracted to her while still finding her 'attractive'.

Cowgirl

A good thought here "Don't look for qualities in a mate that you, yourself do not have."

That's not always a true. My sister is a very serious person. Her hubby is very goofy. He makes her lighten up, she helps keep him on track. They're a very good match. :shrug:

...question I wanna ask; do you find them ATTRACTIVE or are you ATTRACTED to them?

Attractive; I think Katherine Zeta Jones is attractive; good looking to my eye.

I don't know if I'd be attracted (find her interesting, want to be with her, etc) to her as I've never met or chatted with her. As she is married to Michael Douglas, whom I think of as a Hollywood psycho, I may well not be attracted to her while still finding her 'attractive'.

Exellent point, Larry. One does not beget the other.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
That's not always a true. My sister is a very serious person. Her hubby is very goofy. He makes her lighten up, she helps keep him on track. They're a very good match. :shrug:
That's not what I mean. If I don't make a million dollars, I shouldn't expect my husband to. If I don't drive a Ferrari, I shouldn't expect hubby to. Not actual personality traits of silliness, if that makes any sense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Battered wives/girlfriends say crap like that all the time - "Why does every guy I ever love turn out to be abusive???"

Well, duh!

Then their girlfriends try to fix them up with a nice guy, and they don't want that because he's not exciting enough for them. :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So...

That's not what I mean. If I don't make a million dollars, I shouldn't expect my husband to. If I don't drive a Ferrari, I shouldn't expect hubby to. Not actual personality traits of silliness, if that makes any sense.

...the world is filled with guy's who make a million bucks and have a garage full of Ferrari's who just can't find the simple farm girl they long for. :lmao:

I don't think there is a thing in the world with wanting a spouse that makes a ton of coin if that is merely one of the things you KNOW you want and seek.

Pete

Repete
Battered wives/girlfriends say crap like that all the time - "Why does every guy I ever love turn out to be abusive???"

Well, duh!

Then their girlfriends try to fix them up with a nice guy, and they don't want that because he's not exciting enough for them. :rolleyes:

You are talking an extreme. Since when is knowing someone and not feeling the urge to hook up in a relationship the same as looking for abisive relationships?