Tebow!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
OK, Barber and Moss, both made not one but two key bad plays late to sink their teams. Quickest connection I could make is that they were both born in June and both went to colleges that begin with the letter 'M'.

:lol:

This is the first game I got to watch of Tebow's and he is a mess. Big, long wind up, some really erratic throws and takes a long time making his reads. However, he's plenty accurate when it counts and he buys time and he just seems to not get rattled.

Good stuff

Hank

my war
OK, Barber and Moss, both made not one but two key bad plays late to sink their teams. Quickest connection I could make is that they were both born in June and both went to colleges that begin with the letter 'M'.

This is the first game I got to watch of Tebow's and he is a mess. Big, long wind up, some really erratic throws and takes a long time making his reads. However, he's plenty accurate when it counts and he buys time and he just seems to not get rattled.

Good stuff

The good lord works in mysterious ways...:lmao:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
That game should not have even been close. Denver's WR are atrocious, hands of lead.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
the poor kicker ties the game with a 59 yard and wins in overtime with 51 yarder, yet Tebow gets the credit :lol:

And in every interview I've seen, Tim made sure to say it wasn't about him but it was about the team. Emphatically.

Tim is still the QB and still conducted the plays that got the kicker into place and, have he missed the kicks, we'd still be talking about Tebow giving his team a chance.

As I mentioned, this was the first game I really watched and he is terrible in a lot of areas. However, the league has never had a shortage of technically proficient guys who just didn't win much or lead very well. One would take Jeff George 10 out of 10 times over Tebow.

And lose 9 out of 10 times when playing him.

:buddies:

Good stuff

Tim Tebow's passing skills are bad. (By NFL standards I mean, not by any other standards - I wouldn't, for instance, wager an expensive dinner on whether I'd be able to beat him in a passing contest unless doing so would mean I'd get to hang out with him for a while during the contest.) I don't think he's ever going to be a skilled passer by NFL standards.

But, and here's the point that matters for now: He's winning (and he's a winner in general, this isn't all luck). He's getting the job done, for now, no matter how he's doing it. Maybe even more importantly for someone like myself who isn't particularly a Broncos fan, he and his team are fun to watch.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
And in every interview I've seen, Tim made sure to say it wasn't about him but it was about the team. Emphatically.

Tim is still the QB and still conducted the plays that got the kicker into place and, have he missed the kicks, we'd still be talking about Tebow giving his team a chance.

As I mentioned, this was the first game I really watched and he is terrible in a lot of areas. However, the league has never had a shortage of technically proficient guys who just didn't win much or lead very well. One would take Jeff George 10 out of 10 times over Tebow.

Right on. All Tebow did after the game yesterday, as well as in the recent past, was give credit to his TEAMMATES for their efforts in the win, and for helping to make Tebow himself a better player. His praise to the Lord is a given, win or lose.

Right now, Tebo0w and his team are playing just good enough to win. Those QB's mentioned above - George, Garcia, and throw in Steve DeBerg as well - all fit into the category, as the old 49'er coach Walsh said, are all "just good enough to get you beat".

The Tebow's are just the opposite of that line of thinking right now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tim Tebow's passing skills are bad. (By NFL standards I mean, not by any other standards - I wouldn't, for instance, wager an expensive dinner on whether I'd be able to beat him in a passing contest unless doing so would mean I'd get to hang out with him for a while during the contest.) I don't think he's ever going to be a skilled passer by NFL standards.
That's right. You can't coach accuracy.

But, and here's the point that matters for now: He's winning (and he's a winner in general, this isn't all luck). He's getting the job done, for now, no matter how he's doing it. Maybe even more importantly for someone like myself who isn't particularly a Broncos fan, he and his team are fun to watch.

And that, right there, sports fans, is why we are sports fans; it's FUN!

He's one of those guys we generalize as a 'winner' and it's not always the guy who is textbook or goes 30/35, 400 yards and 4 tds. It's the people, boys or girls who, when you GOT to have it, make a play be it a pass or a shot or a block or a kick or whatever the sport is.

They make plays when it matters most.

Now, as for fun, to be honest, he is painful to watch earlier in games but, it builds the suspense and THEN it becomes fun later on when he starts getting it going.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Byt for 9 out of 10 teams that wouldn't have been good enough field position to even attempt a.field goal. Normally 40-45 yards is considered ok.distance for am attempt, but 59?

Basically he didn't do his job and get them in good field position, but the kicker saved their assess.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Byt for 9 out of 10 teams that wouldn't have been good enough field position to even attempt a.field goal. Normally 40-45 yards is considered ok.distance for am attempt, but 59?

Basically he didn't do his job and get them in good field position, but the kicker saved their assess.

And yet another unbeliever!

St. Timothy of Gatoria has the intangibles. His will to win, his leadership, maybe his attitude helps the kicker, and everyone else, play just a little better?