Venison

KK & KMC, I have your deer in my freezer.

Everybody else, I can probably get you deer in the next week or so. Had I been around, or communicated better with the Butcher, I could have had you all deer this weekend. He gave something like 20 deer to Farmers/Hunters Feeding the Hungry over the weekend.

I told him I need atleast 5 more deer when he gets them, and when he gets in another big deer, that I will have it turned into Jerky.

D

dutch6

Bonehead said:
Hntr if dutch needs a critter soon you can get mine to him ahead of me if you wish. Whatever you need to do.
Thanks but you were on the list first. I can wait.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'll be up that way today. Am I still required to be there before 6:00? If so, what is the earliest I can come up as I am home and will be wrenching on a vehicle most of the day.

Ken King said:
I'll be up that way today. Am I still required to be there before 6:00? If so, what is the earliest I can come up as I am home and will be wrenching on a vehicle most of the day.
No, you can come by after 6, not a problem. I won't even be home from work until 4:45 at the earliest, more likely 5:00.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
huntr1 said:
IF I were to do the venison giveaway again this year, who would be interested in getting some? If I do run this again this year, it will be handled a little different. If I order any special products such as jerky, sausage or bologna they will have to be paid for in advance. I got a bunch of bologna last year because a bunch of people said they wanted it, and now I have about a dozen rolls in the freezer. Cost me way too much money to have it happen again.

huntr - I'll take some of that giveaway.. I make my own Jerky tho.

You work for the NWS don't you? Bldg?
:peace:

OK, you are on the list. PM me your phone # (home/cell & work) and email address that you check during the workday.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
huntr1 said:
OK, you are on the list. PM me your phone # (home/cell & work) and email address that you check during the workday.

Just emailed you my work email address.
The rest on the way
thanks again. :howdy:

Butcher called me last night.

He had 60 lbs. of meat that he had de-boned and wanted to know if we wanted jerky. I told him yes. So, about this weekend, I will have 30 lbs. of regular and 30 lbs. of hot jerky. Who wants what? KK and CC have first dibs on choice, after that, it is first come first served.

H

HollowSoul

huntr1 said:

He had 60 lbs. of meat that he had de-boned and wanted to know if we wanted jerky. I told him yes. So, about this weekend, I will have 30 lbs. of regular and 30 lbs. of hot jerky. Who wants what? KK and CC have first dibs on choice, after that, it is first come first served.
i'll take some

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
huntr1 said:

I'd like two bags of regular (not hot) please! :smile:

huntr1 said:

Jerky List:
Ken King 2 bags Regular
Crabcake 2 bags Regular
HollowSoul unknown amount and flavor

Don't have the exact price yet, but it'll be in the $15.00 a bag range. So, for prepayment purposes, if you want jerky, send me payment of $15.00 a bag and any differences will be made up upon delivery (if it's less, I will refund, if it's more, you pay me the difference).

Last edited:
I still have 2 packages of slim jims left btw. If somebody wants them, I will sell them, otherwise I'm gonna eat them.

crabcake

huntr1 said:
Jerky List:
Ken King 2 bags Regular
Crabcake 2 bags Regular

Don't have the exact price yet, but it'll be in the $15.00 a bag range. So, for prepayment purposes, if you want jerky, send me payment of $15.00 a bag and any differences will be made up upon delivery (if it's less, I will refund, if it's more, you pay me the difference).
:confused: I thought it was a standard price ($20/bag). I'm not complaining about the discount by any means, but does it mean it'll be less than normal? If that's the case, make mine 3 bags regular vs. 2. :wink:

crabcake said:
:confused: I thought it was a standard price ($20/bag). I'm not complaining about the discount by any means, but does it mean it'll be less than normal? If that's the case, make mine 3 bags regular vs. 2. :wink:
The price varies by volume. Once again, here's how it works:
I pay for the making of the jerky and the butchering and then divide the total by the # of bags to get the per bag price. Example total butchering fee is $200 and we get 10 bags of jerky, it is $20.00 a bag, $200 and 15 bags is $14.00 a bag. So, once I get the total price from the butcher, and know how many bags I am getting, I will be able to give final price per bag.

crabcake

huntr1 said:
The price varies by volume. Once again, here's how it works:
I pay for the making of the jerky and the butchering and then divide the total by the # of bags to get the per bag price. Example total butchering fee is $200 and we get 10 bags of jerky, it is $20.00 a bag, $200 and 15 bags is $14.00 a bag. So, once I get the total price from the butcher, and know how many bags I am getting, I will be able to give final price per bag.
:dur-me: that's right ... I forgot. :blushing:

ahh hell, i'll just take 3 ... if I can get it before we leave for Florida. :wink: I'll PM ya.

crabcake said:
:dur-me: that's right ... I forgot. :blushing:

ahh hell, i'll just take 3 ... if I can get it before we leave for Florida. :wink: I'll PM ya.
You will definately get it before leaving for Fl. I will have it this weekend, beginning of next week at the latest. 3 bags it will be.