• Yes

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Other: Explain

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

ZARA

Yes and yes! Don't get me wrong, she is a "keeper". It's not like I am forcing these things on her, she does it because she loves to.

Translation:

"I love my wife and enjoy making her happy and in return she does these things for me which makes me happy and I just like :elaine: because I am lonely because my wife is out of town."

PJumper

Uhh...she takes care of the kids, cooks, cleans, and does anything else he expects her to. He gives her an allowance to shop for groceries and anything else they need around the house.

So I guess you can count her allowance as her pay for her job. If she is REALLY good at couponing, then she gets to keep some of that allowance. He's generous like that.

You guys need to read!

First, kids all grown up and done with college, paid for by Dad.
Second, I do the cooking if she is working, but she loves to prepare breakfast for me.
Third, She does have a good-paying job and keeps all her money and spend it the way she wants to.

So, what's so bad about that?

You guys need to read!

Second, I do the cooking if she is working, but she loves to prepare breakfast for me.
Third, She does have a good-paying job and keeps all her money and spend it the way she wants to.

The problem isn't the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. :cds:

Beta

Smile!
You guys need to read!

I'm not talking about today. You've made it very clear that this is how things have been in the past. I bet the only reason you allowed her to get a job is because you became empty nesters and she was bored at home. You figured it was better that she works to pay for her pretty things than for you to pay for anything while she was out shopping since she had nothing better to do.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Oh, oh, somebody got a perverted mind! Are you trying to live your deepest dark fantasies?

No, but you made it sound that way. Maybe you should work on your wording, since it's pretty apparent that "nobody understands" you.

PJumper

Look out Carolyn Hax (Washington Post advise columnist).....PJumper is out for your job giving marriage advise.....:sarcasm:

You are like a lot of my BF's friends who run their mouths about your wife's place when she isn't around but as soon as someone says something about what you said around her you kiss backside.....I don't buy you load of crap you are selling on here...I think it was just to get a rise out of most of the women....great performance though :diva::dingding:

Can't help you there. Just tellin what some of guys are missin. If you're happy with your current marriage situation, more power to you then!

Beta

Smile!
Can't help you there. Just tellin what some of guys are missin. If you're happy with your current marriage situation, more power to you then!
Yeah, we're all jealous of you. The wimminz on this forum and in this area are ungrateful and don't know how to be proper wives. Sometimes I wish I was living in the 50's when women did things the right way, knew their roles, and didn't put up a fight. It's much easier when they're submissive

I've observed that aquite a few of the wives on the forum actually needs to be trained, to be a good wife.

Oh, are you talking about that Stepford wives school? Do you happen to have a link to that? Thanks! :buddies:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've observed that aquite a few of the wives on the forum actually needs to be trained, to be a good wife.

:lmao:

Okay, so here's the thing. I do things for my husband because I want to and because I love him. Not because I have been "trained". And he does things for me if he thinks about it. I understand everybody has their own special thing going on in a relationship.

However, if he ever talked about me, or to me, in the completely disrespectful and unloving manner that you speak of your wife, I would kick his ass to the curb so quick it would make his head spin. Regardless of how much I loved him.

You are not a great husband to disrespect and degrade your wife. Perhaps she does things for you because she loves you. But after all this time, I think the poor woman has been humilated and browbeaten by you so much that she doesn't realize that she is deserving of respect from her husband. That she should be treated as someone who is loved and cherished, not talked about as if she is a fcking dog.

You, "sir", disgust me.

:eyebrow: Honey, my husband could write to Penthouse regarding his satisfaction in our relationship...Can you?

Not only do I cook, clean, bake :)jet:), take care of my children, support him taking classes, and work full time... I conduct myself as a lady when out with him and make him PROUD and LUCKY to have ME as a wife. No amount of "training" could teach that.

I do all this because it is not "expected" of me... It is instead "appreciated." Buying your wife things and paying bills doesn't show her your appreciation. No matter how much you try to justify it doing so. :ohwell:

PJumper

I'm not talking about today. You've made it very clear that this is how things have been in the past. I bet the only reason you allowed her to get a job is because you became empty nesters and she was bored at home. You figured it was better that she works to pay for her pretty things than for you to pay for anything while she was out shopping since she had nothing better to do.

Tell me I'm wrong.

No, but you made it sound that way. Maybe you should work on your wording, since it's pretty apparent that "nobody understands" you.

When the kids were young (before they attend school), I asked her to stay home and take care of the kids, since I'm still in the Service and goes on deployments quite a bit. She has no problem with that, because she wants to raise our kids the way she was raise, by her loving grandparents. She doesn't trust the daycare people, which during that time were in the news quite often for abuse on children under their care.

When the kids started school, she started working part -time to make sure that she gets to send off the kids in the morning and be home when they get off school. Once the kids are older and we feel that they could properly take care of themselves, then she starts working full-time. Now that the kids were out of college, she can go on vacation for as long as she wants. Last year, because of her families medical conditions, she was away for almost 5 months so she could take care of them. That's fine with me because that makes her happy, to be with her family.